Thursday, October 18, 2012

not so ship shape


In my experience with lifestyle blogs, you see lots of photos of artfully organized rooms. Disheveled piles of battered buoys grouped together on a reclaimed-driftwood coffee table. Vintage children's books filed in rainbow order. Neatly-folded cashmere throws on an Navajo ladder in an airy loft. Those images are all inspirational, but does anyone's home look like that all the time?
I agree that blogs are an escape, and often where we want to show off the beautiful meal we just prepared, but not the dirty dishes it took to make it.

I'll admit, I aspire to make my living room look like a modern nautical retreat and my bedroom to look like orderly and vintage but unfortunately I haven't learned the habits to constant cleanliness... yet. My mornings start in a rush and end with me coming home with all the intentions to clean and organize and color code... and I usually end up starting a load of laundry, camping out in front of an On Demand marathon of Criminal Minds, and leaving it for tomorrow.

So here is my room in all its daily, messy glory. This entry is an attempt to hold myself accountable. I'm determined to put up photos of an after as soon as possible, and to get a list of habits together that will keep it looking ship shape, everyday.

What do you do to keep your living space as neat (and dare I say, as pin-worthy) as possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment